You've decided to sell your home fast and for top dollar. You need to do careful planning and know how to professionally spruce up your home to make it very appealing to buyers. Here are some tips on what you can do to stage it and turn it into an irresistible home.
1) Disassociate yourself from your home: Think of your home as a product to be sold and not your house. You want the potential home buyer to look at the home and be able to picture themselves living in it without you in it. Picture yourself handing over the keys to the new home buyer. Say goodbye to each room and look forward to the future.
2) De-Personalize: Remove all family photographs and heirlooms. Buyers will get distracted by those items which you don't want. You want buyers to be able to imagine their photos on the walls and not yours. You don't want your buyers wondering what kind of people live in this home, but rather you want them to imagine themselves living there.
3) Reorganize Bedroom Closets and Kitchen Cabinets: Buyers love to snoop and will open up and peek in closets and cabinets. If a buyer sees that everything is put away and organized, it gives the message that you have taken care of the home as well.
4) Remember Less is Best: Think of renting a rental storage unit to put some furniture in to make your rooms look larger. You want just enough furniture in the room to let the buyers know what the room is for.
5) Make Your Home Sparkle and Shine: You want your home to smell fresh, clean and appealing to live in. Clean as if you were having a very special guest come to stay and you want them to be impressed with your cleanliness.