Selling your house is not the most convenient process so it's important for you to be organized and have your home ready for buyers. Typical buyers will be looking at several other homes so it's necessary to standout from the others and leave a lasting impression. Here are some tips to get your home show ready:
- Make needed repairs such as broken doors, but don't take on large remodel jobs without consulting with me.
- Curb appeal; make sure the front of home is tidy, lawn manicured, front porch is inviting and use finishing touches like flowers or new address numbers.
- Clean the windows and consider removing the screens and storing them in a safe place. The windows are the eyes of the home!
- Keep wall and flooring colors neutral but feel free to use pops of vibrant color in accent pieces, such as pillows and vases.
- Remove clutter and personal items from all surface areas and counter tops.
- Organize closets and remove extra items, storing them in an attic or designated space in basement.
- Secure jewelry, valuables, important financial documents and medications in a safely hidden spot.
- Wipe down walls and use paint to touch up scuff marks.
- Clean, clean and clean some more! One deep cleaning from top to bottom before you go active on the market. That way you can do light cleaning throughout the week when you have showings.
- Make beds and always keep dirty laudry out of sight.
- Wipe down the furnace and hot water tank, replace filters.
- Don't forget about the garage. Keep things stored away so that buyers can visualize how their cars and bikes will fit into the space.
- Make sure light bulbs are changed and curtains are drawn open for showings.
- Kitchens and bathrooms must always be clean, don't leave anything out or in the sink, remove trash often and keep toilet seat covers down.
- If needed, get carpets professionally cleaned or wood flooring refinished.
- Maximize the outdoor living space by displaying the patio furniture.
- Neutralize odors and use scents sparingly, too many plug-ins will have a negative affect on buyers.
I will walk through your home with you, room by room and give you tips and advise to make your home more appealing to buyers. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. My job is to be objective and help you stand out from the other homes on the market.
Preferred Title Company: Real Living Title
(If you've owned your home less than 10 years, you can provide your original owner's policy to receive a discount on closing costs)
Free Moving Truck for clients. This can be reserved on a first come, first serve basis, contact me to schedule your move!
Contact me directly for other discounts, special offers and preferred vendors in the area.